AIC 2020 Web Conference
A few years ago, it was not uncommon to receive emails and calls from entrepreneurs seeking funding. Today we’re getting calls from venture capital funds and other investors wanting to invest in the sector. However, there are still some important gaps: funding of early stage innovation, taxation, government support, etc.
AIC’s conference will look at where agri-food research and innovation is today, in terms of the “investment climate”.
All sessions will take place at 1:00 – 2:30 pm ET.
November 10, 2020 – Video conference session #1
- Setting the stage: Importance of investments in agri-food research and innovation and their RoI
- Rebbecca Clarke Vice-President and Treasurer, Farm Credit Canada;
- Tom Rosser, Assistant Deputy Minister, Strategic Policy Branch, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada;
- Andrew Schrumm, Senior Manager, Research, RBC Thought Leadership.
November 17, 2020 – Video conference session #2
- Is there an investment gap for agri-food research and innovation?
- Laurie Dmytryshyn, Chief of Equity Investments, PIC Investments;
- Lynne Godlien, CEO, Perennia Food and Agriculture;
- Dave Smardon, President and CEO, BioEnterprise;
- Alison Sunstrum, Founder & CEO, CNSRVX Inc.
November 24, 2020 – Video conference Session #3
- Venture capital and banking: How they work and what they want
- Warren Bergen, President, AVAC Ltd.;
- Eric Dillon, Chief Executive Officer, Conexus Credit Union;
- Andrew Heintzman, Managing Partner, InvestEco Capital Corp.
December 1, 2020 – Video conference Session #4
- A better investment climate: Government investment and taxation
- Dr. Emily Gray, Agricultural Policy Analyst, OECD;
- Carla Ventin, Senior Vice President, Food and Consumer Products of Canada;
- Jesse Vincent-Herscovici, Vice President, Business Development, Mitacs;
- Lee-Ann Walker, Assistant Deputy Minister, Research and Corporate Services Division, Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
We are offering discounted student registration rates. Click here to view the details.
View our available Partnership opportunities here.Become a Partner
Thank you to our Partners