AIC 2020 Web Conference
A few years ago, it was not uncommon to receive emails and calls from entrepreneurs seeking funding. Today we’re getting calls from venture capital funds and other investors wanting to invest in the sector. However, there are still some important gaps: funding of early stage innovation, taxation, government support, etc.
AIC’s conference will look at where agri-food research and innovation is today, in terms of the “investment climate”.
All sessions will take place at 1:00 – 2:30 pm ET.
November 10, 2020 – Video conference session #1
- Setting the stage: Importance of investments in agri-food research and innovation and their RoI
- Dr. Jean-Philippe Gervais, Vice-President and Chief Agricultural Economist, Farm Credit Corporation;
- Tom Rosser, Assistant Deputy Minister, Strategic Policy Branch, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada;
- Andrew Schrum, Senior Manager, Research, RBC Thought Leadership.
November 17, 2020 – Video conference session #2
- Is there an investment gap for agri-food research and innovation?
- Laurie Dmytryshyn, Chief of Equity Investments, PIC Investments;
- Lynne Godlien, CEO, Perennia Food and Agriculture;
- Dave Smardon, President and CEO, BioEnterprise;
- Alison Sunstrum, Founder & CEO, CNSRVX Inc.
November 24, 2020 – Video conference Session #3
- Venture capital and banking: How they work and what they want
December 1, 2020 – Video conference Session #4
- A better investment climate: Government investment and taxation
View our available Partnership opportunities here.Become a Partner