Leading in Sustainability
An Agricultural Research, Innovation and Development Policy for the Future
This research policy comes following a lengthy consultation process that included working with members and stakeholders and a comprehensive conference that brought together governments, scientists, academics, producer groups and representatives from other organizations. The final product can be found here.
We're building a list of 100 organizations who support the policy. Contact us to be part of it!
The policy recommends among other things:
- Set national goals in agricultural research
- Consult all stakeholder when establishing research priorities
- Recognize Canada’s global responsibilities
- Enhance processes to transfer knowledge from research to end-users
- Have stable and predictable financial support for both fundamental and applied research
The policy has concrete recommendations that can be implemented.
AIC will continue to consult stakeholders in order to allow this policy to evolve over time. It will also, on an annual basis, develop a checklist on what recommendations have or have not been implemented.
Read the Policy available in both French and English here:
In July 2015, agricultural stakeholders gathered in Ottawa for AIC 2015 to provide the input that helped shape this national policy. The conference report summarizing the ideas and insights shared by conference participants can be found here: