Ag Institute Hosts Meeting on Future of Ottawa Civic Hospital Expansion
This afternoon, the Agricultural Institute of Canada (AIC) brought together stakeholders and elected officials to discuss the future of the Ottawa Civic Hospital’s expansion and the Central Experimental Farm.
“We are pleased with the progress achieved here today. Stakeholders including the Ottawa Civic Hospital, concerned stakeholders, representatives of elected officials and community groups had a positive meeting and a process for real dialogue and consultation has been identified,” said Serge Buy, CEO of AIC.
Among stakeholder groups that attended, there was an agreement to move forward with the consultations and/or openness and transparency. The great majority of stakeholders favoured open, public consultations.
Late in 2015, AIC publicly called for further transparent consultations and open communication with stakeholders.
“Our objective is not to promote one position over another, but rather, to have a proper dialogue that weighs all opinions from all communities,” added Mr. Buy. “We hope to see all interested parties participating in this future process.”
Today’s meeting included representatives from:
- Agriculture Minister Lawrence MacAulay’s Office
- Ottawa Centre MP, and Environment Minister Catherine McKenna’s Office
- Ottawa Centre MPP Yasir Naqvi’s Office
- Ottawa Civic Hospital
- Friends of the Farm
- Councillor Jeff Leiper, Kitchissippi Ward
- Councillor Riley Brockington, River Ward
- Civic Hospital Neighbourhood Association
- Carlington Community Association
- Agriculture Canada’s Central Experimental Farm Advisory Council
- Coalition to Protect the Experimental Farm
Created in 1920, the Agricultural Institute of Canada is a centre of knowledge for science in agriculture. Our mandate is to advocate on behalf of agricultural research, disseminate information on agricultural research, promote careers in agricultural research and create international linkages.
Visit www.aic.ca for more information. Follow us on Twitter: @AgInstitute
– 30 –
For more information, or to schedule an interview:
View the press release here.