AIC 2017 Conference – Last chance to register!
With just over a week to go before AIC 2017: Agricultural Innovation in a Changing Environment kicks off in Winnipeg, make sure you get your registration in to ensure you are part of the discussion April 24th-26th.
We are pleased to share with you the remaining panelists that will be joining us to tackle two important conference themes.
Agricultural Clean Technology – Tuesday, April 25
As Canada moves toward a sustainable low-carbon economy, significant changes to agricultural production processes and products will be increasingly needed to remain competitive and meet productivity goals while reducing pollution, resource use, and waste.
Joining us to discuss opportunities for clean technology innovation in the agriculture sector are:
- Dr. Naveed Aziz – Director of Technology Programs at Genome Canada
- Rattan Gill – Analyst of Agriculture and Regulatory Affairs with Bioenterprise Corporation
- Dr. Abdul Jalil – Assistant Deputy Minister, Western Economic Diversification
Delivering Discovery Talks that will showcase innovations in agricultural biotechnology and genomics are:
- Ian Affleck – Executive Director of Plant Biotechnology with CropLife Canada
- Dr. Simon Potter – Director of Operations at Genome Prairie
- Dr. Donald Smith – Scientific Director and CEO of BioFuelNet Canada, McGill University
Adoption of Environmentally Sustainable Innovations – Wednesday, April 26
The implementation of proactive environmental assessments presents a unique opportunity to speed-up adoption and dissemination of green innovation in the sector, and to evaluate the impact of agricultural research on the ground.
Joining us in a cross-sectoral dialogue on the adoption of environmentally sustainable innovations are:
- Sean Goertzen – Climate Initiative Coordinator with Keystone Agricultural Producers
- Dr. Mohammad Khakbazan – Research Scientist (Ag. Economist) with Agricultural and Agri-Food Canada at the Brandon Research and Development Centre
- Jolene Noble – Extension Coordinator, Alberta Farm Sustainability Extension Working Group (AFSE)
- David Wiens – Vice-President, Dairy Farmers of Canada and Chair, Dairy Farmers of Manitoba
Delivering Discovery Talks that will showcase innovations in agro-ecosystem productivity and health are:
- Dr. Dilantha Fernando – Professor in the Department of Plant Sciences at the University of Manitoba
- Glenn Friesen – Industry Development Specialist with Manitoba Agriculture, Livestock Industry Branch
- Alison Sunstrum – CEO of GrowSafe Systems
Click on each speaker’s name in the Conference Agenda to learn more!