9th Canadian Science Policy Conference
The CSPC has become Canada’s most comprehensive, multi-sectorial and multi-disciplinary annual science policy forum and attracted numerous politicians and hundreds of professionals from industry, academia, the non-profit sector, federal and provincial governments every year.
Because 2017 is Canada’s 150th Anniversary, the CSPC themes are being structured within the following context:
- How effectively have we used science-based knowledge to meet Canada’s challenges over the past 150 years and also today?
- How should we use science-based knowledge more effectively over the next 50 years to meet Canada’s challenges?
The five themes of CSPC 2017 are:
- What are Canada’s likely challenges in the next 50 years, and how can scientific knowledge be used to solve them?
- How does Canada get the new scientific knowledge it needs?
- How do we strengthen the environment for the production and integration of new scientific knowledge?
- How can we more effectively bring new and existing scientific knowledge to bear on Canada’s challenges?
- How do we engage the public in Canada’s science system?
For more information, click here.