Open house at the Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu Research and Development Centre
To celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary and that of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC), the Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu Research and Development Centre invites you to its open house day.
Our research teams have prepared a range of activities to help you learn more about the exciting world of science in horticulture. You will see what our scientists are doing to improve horticulture production techniques and help protect the environment.
You are invited to:
- Learn about scientific advances aimed at preserving or enhancing produce quality
- Explore the world of precision horticulture and molecular technology
- Demystify the role of biovigilance in vegetable production that must contend with weeds, fungi, nematodes, bacteria and viruses
- Understand how physical and biological control can be an alternative to insecticides
- See a number of new technologies (drones, spore sensors, modeling)
- Tour our greenhouses and modern laboratories
- Take virtual tours of the L’Acadie and Ste-Clotilde experimental farms and the Frelighsburg site
See you there, whatever the weather!