Promoting Behavior Change for Soil Health: Insights From Recent Social Science Research
The Soil Health Research Forum – Behavior Change, Baseline Data and Best Management Practices (BMPs) event will:
- share recent research findings related to soil health;
- spotlight projects supporting implementation of Ontario’s soil strategy; and
- promote knowledge-sharing between researchers and decision-makers.
Researchers will provide research findings, including those funded through the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs open research programs and under the Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance.
- researchers from the University of Guelph and University of Waterloo;
- the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA); and
- keynote speaker Dr. Jay Arbuckle from Iowa State University.
See all speaker biographies.
Research presentation topics will provide updates on:
- Factors influencing farmer adoption of soil health BMPs including the roles of social networks and peer learning groups;
- Baseline information on soil including topsoil sampling insights, digital soil mapping, and soil biology;
- Soil health BMPs including nitrogen and phosphorus management, cover crop varieties and management; and more.
This event will be of interest to the agri-food industry, government, NGOs, and academia.
We have applied for and hope to offer Certified Crop Adviser Continuing Education for this event.
For more information, click here.